Monday, March 2, 2009

Updates

Well not much has been happening in the Tallon house. Medical updates mainly.

Braxton went in the lab on Wednesday for a Lead blood test. No results yet on that. I also took a stool sample in on Wednesday for the Giardia infection. No news there either. I am thinking maybe today since it is a culture that they have to do. If it is negative we will have to get an order from the doctor to test for Celiac's disease. As far I as I can tell that is just a simple blood draw as well. I really don't want to do extensive testing with him if I don't have to.

We need prayers for my niece. She is 2 years old. She had a blood draw done a month ago to test for Cystic Fibrosis (her 1st cousin on the other side has CF). Her test came back with a Chromosone mutation but that is all they know. She is going on Tuesday for the sweat test to see if she is just a carrier or has the disease. How CF gets passed down is that a genetic mutation gets passed down from each parent. You have a 25% chance of having CF, a 50% chance CF carrier, and a 25% of not having the gene at all. Since she is positive it means that my brother is also a carrier which means sometime in the future I need to get my oldest two tested because I could be a carrier and you never know if Scott could be a carrier. Insurance won't cover for adults to be tested so it is like a crazy expensive test yet it is a normal lab fee to have the children tested. The results take a month to get back so it will be a waiting game. I am not going to do anything until we get my niece's results back. The prayer is that Josie is just a carrier and doesn't have the disease.

***UPDATE***
I called for lab results...the Giardia stool cultures can take a week for results. I should hear by Friday. Also the Lead results weren't back so hopefully at the end of the week.

Arianna has a 103 degree fever today with no other symptoms so please keep her in your thoughts that the fever breaks and nothing else is wrong with her.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh man, more sickies for you. Scary fevers with the baby. So not cool. I'll be thinking of you and all the family. Sounds like times are kind of tough.

Renee said...

Thanks Dawn! Times are but we are never given more than we can handle so we just keep on pushing through until things get better!