Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I have a Date!

Well Braxton is going to Ann Arbor on May 29th. His appointment is with a Pediatrician who's clinical research and specialty is Inflammatory Bowel Disease. I am planning to call to see if I can get us on a cancellation list. We will see.

Braxton had his appointment at the ENT today following his ear infection. The tube is not in the same spot it was. It may have moved maybe it is clogged. We are doing ear drops for 3 weeks and then following up. We are hoping the tube is just clogged and the drops will work. If not he will most likely need surgery again. The tube will need to be removed and a new one inserted. It is a very easy procedure. I just hate having him put under. Not something I want to do again. It is possible that his ear drum ruptured...if it did the eardrum is already healing and no rupture was visible. The doctor was concerned about all the blood drainage though. He also informed me that I can reach an ENT 24 hours a day 7 days a week 365 days a year. That if Braxton has drainage I never have to take him to Urgent Care of ER again. That is awesome because they will just treat him over the phone and call in a prescribition! His ENT is the best! Braxton likes him and so do we! Such a nice feeling.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Poor Braxton! Glad you at least have an appt. but two months seems like a long time to wait. Hopefully a cancellation will come through.