Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Lab Results

Well I had the pediatrician fax the lab results to me today because I wanted to see the numbers. Oh man are they off. The labs test for antibodies in the blood. Two of the four are normal. Those are the tTG antibodies. From research if these are positive it is automatic that the person has Celiac's...well his are normal. The two that are off are the IGA antibodies. They should be 11-17 and his are 25. The other one is IGG antibodies. This should also be 11-17 and his greater than 100. That is crazy. Now it also says that if the labs are negative in the tTG (which his are) and positive in the IGA and IGG that it is most likely Celiac's disease and the tTG is a false negative. It is very common for the blood work to be unreliable in children.

I am still waiting for the appointment time in Ann Arbor. Hopefully tomorrow.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Hope you've heard about the visit by now. Time to get that boy feeling better!