Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Bracky Boy again

Well we took Braxton for lab work on Friday for Celiac's disease. The lady told us we wouldn't get results until the end of this week. I figured ok no big deal.

Well today at 5 o'clock the phone rang and it was the pediatrician's office. A 5 o'clock pediatrician call is NEVER good news. They don't stay after to make good news phone calls. Well the nurse (I swear she was hired to be the bad news deliverer...every time something goes wrong she is blessed with calling us). Braxton's lab work came back today. Half of the results were normal. The other half were abnormal. The pediatrician's office can't diagnoise him with Celiac's disease because it is half and half. Braxton will be going to a GI specialist in Ann Arbor. The appointment isn't made yet. They are going to make it for us through the referral department. The GI specialist will go through the lab work with us and diagnoise him most likely with Celiac's disease but more testing will most likely need to be done.

Please pray for Braxton that the diagnoises can be made without any invasive testing. Please pray for me that I can find the hospital and my way around with no problems and that I can handle the news well on my own. Please pray that the appointment is soon so I don't have to think about it forever. Please pray that if it is Celiac's disease that I can get set up with a Dietician right away so we can be on the path to health with Braxton. Please pray that I can line up a babysitter that can take Kenzi to school and watch Arianna.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh Renee, I'm so sorry. What a rough ordeal. He'll be in great hands going to U of M and you will be fine. You all will be in my prayers!

Renee said...

Thanks Dawn! I hope to get a call soon! I just want the appointment set.