I can definitely say the wild ride began on Wednesday but I am happy to announce I am exiting the wild ride and hope to never return to it.
Scott was able to come on Thursday night to help me out with the baby, which I was in desperate need of. On Friday, Arianna was stable and did really well. She acted like she was improving...whoo hoo.
Saturday came and she took a bad turn. By early afternoon Arianna was retracting (suprasternal) by her collar bone. I grew concerned and took her shirt off her so I could watch her chest, ribs and stomach. At 5 I decided to call my mom (an RN) who is in FL. She told me to call the doctor and be prepared to head to the ER. Scott didn't think it was necessary so I waited to call the doctor for an hour. Finally I called the pediatrician on call...who thankfully was the one who seen Arianna on Thursday. She agreed that any retracting isn't good but since it was just in 1 location that we could watch her, increase breathing treatments, and she was going to call in an oral steroid. Any more retracting (new places) and we were to head to the ER, any color changes and we were to call 911. I went for the steroid. When I got home Arianna was still retracting but now she was retracting between her ribs on her back. I dosed her with the oral steriod and we did a breathing treatment that was due. An hour after the oral steroid and breathing treatment she was back to just retracting by her collar bone. I watched her extremely close over night, with several breathing treatments being done.
Sunday she was still retracting by her collar bone but was stable otherwise. Thank goodness.
Today we have turned the corner. She isn't retracting at all anymore and she is eating again!! That is a sign of health coming back to her.
Tomorrow we go to the ENT for a follow up on her Ear surgery. I do know that the tubes look good...they have been looked at a lot this week.
Thursday we go to the pediatrician for a follow up on this week. Hopefully she checks out well.
Today I had the kids help me make thank you cards for everybody involved. TTA, Aunt Sheryl and Uncle Joe, Aunt Shelly and Uncle Jeff, Dorothy and Larry, Rodney and Karyn, and the neighbor. I wouldn't have survived this week without all of them.
The ride is over, and I hopeful that it was a once and a lifetime ride.
No comments:
Post a Comment