Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Just Another Day

In the Tallon House. I have decided that life is good when every day is different but man I sure don't like the days when they are against us.

Monday
I had school on Monday so I went and things went well. I left school and go to the corner of Bay and Tittabawassee and stopped behind the other cars at the light. Watched the car behind me stop and watched a police officer pull up next to us. Then I felt the car jolt because the guy behind me rear ended me. The police officer watched it all. I got out to tell the guy to pull into the Kohls parking lot...he didn't want to. The police officer than got out and told him to pull over. Thankfully there was no damage to either car so I just let it go. The guy got off with out a ticket and the cop told him he was lucky that I was doing a good deed. Then the guy lied right to me and the police officer. He told me somebody hit him...well there was nobody else in sight and the police officer witnessed and said that nobody hit him. I am just glad nobody was hurt and no damage was done!!

Tuesday
It was such a beautiful day out. When Makenzi got home we decided to head outside for the afternoon/evening. I set up a couple chairs outside on the sidewalk to watch the kids ride their bikes. Everybody was having lots of fun. Last year we put down crushed asphalt in the driveway to cover all the mud. Well the kids have not rode their bikes on it much so they needed to get used to it. I had been working with B to try and ride with 1 training wheel but it wasn't going well so I put his training wheel back on and just sat down. I watched Makenzi slide off her bike and hit the ground. Makenzi is our drama queen. She instantly was screaming, jumping up and hopping around. She lost her shoe, so I thought she hurt her foot/leg. I told her to get her shoe and that she was fine. She sat down to put her shoe on and I could see a pool of blood forming above her eye. Reminded myself to remain calm and to get a clean towel to apply pressure before looking at the wound. I ran for paper towel. By the time I got back Makenzi had blood down her face, all over her shirt and hands and was in freak out mode. I applied pressure, checked the wound which was laying open and deep. I ordered Makenzi to apply pressure and for the kids to get into the van. I ran in the house grabbed my bag of steri strips and we headed to my mom's house (she is an RN). I was hoping for steri strips but knew our chances or stitches were great, since the cut was right at the eye brow and a steri strip may not be possible. Makenzi calmed herself down on the ride over. My mom looked at it and we debated which way to go but we also knew that stitches would be very traumatizing. Thankfully my mom was able to get the steri strip to work on the second attempt. Her eye was a little puffy but nothing too bad, until Wednesday morning. She woke up with her eye almost completely swollen shut. That is very annoying to her but she isn't having any pain. She was nervous to go to school though for fear the kids would tease her.

We are hoping for a much better Wednesday.

My niece (Josie) is headed to Ann Arbor today for her procedure. Today she is having all her pre op tests and tomorrow is the actual procedure. Please keep her and her parents (my brother Joe and my sister in law Sheryl) in your thoughts and prayers.

No comments: