Friday, December 5, 2008

The year in Review

As the year comes to an end I look back and think what a great year we have had.

January was kinda crazy. I was sick with my pregnancy, we got to see our baby at the ultrasound, the boy and girl both had the flu 2 times in 2 weeks. Scott was gone trucking through most of it but we survived.

February was just as crazy. We had good things and bad things. Braxton celebrated his 2nd birthday on February 9th. This was a bittersweet day for us. He was two but as his party ended my Uncle Vince lost his battle with Melanoma at 10:30p.m. We spent the next few days at the funeral home and funeral. RIP in Uncle Vince we love and miss you. My parents left for Florida the day after the funeral. I spent the following week sick again from the pregnancy. I spent February 20th in the hospital.

March came and things were getting back to normal. I returned to work the first week. On March 14 we had our 28 week ultrasound to look at baby's heart again. The Echogenic Cardiac Focus was still there. We decided to find out the gender of our sweet baby. IT'S A GIRL!! Now to find a name. Would she be Mary Lynn Renee, Mariah Ellen, Arianna Mary or something we haven't even discussed yet. We also would be going to a high risk doctor.

April came and was full of lots of appointments. April 9th was my first appointment with Dr. Wechter. He told us her heart was ok but the placenta was way to old and we needed to really watch the growth and movements. She was only about 3lbs at 32 weeks. We went back 3 weeks later and she was only 4lbs. He decided to let her keep on cooking but we would be back in 2 weeks. I was having regular NSTs at this point, watching all her movements. I ended up having to go to Cardiologist too due to Tachycardia. It was crazy. Kenzi started Soccer during all this craziness. Plus I was working full time. Things were crazy.

May came and things slowed down again. Kenzi was having soccer 2 times a week. She loves playing soccer. Braxton loves to go to the games as well. I was about 35 weeks pregnant and having to practice with her. That was lots of fun. I was now dialated to 2 and 80% effaced. I went to the high risk doctor on 5/14 and was sent to the hospital to have the baby.
Arianna Mary Tallon joined our family on May 15, 2008 at 3:18p.m. weighing in at 6lbs 11 oz, 18 inches long. She looks just like the oldest two. She is the easiest baby as well. May slowed down greatly once she was born. The first week was kinda crazy since she had jaundice and had to heal pokes everyday.

June was a fun month. We just relaxed and enjoyed our new addition. The kids got their rooms redone. It was a nice month.

July we had the 4th of July. We spent a day back at the cabin and enjoyed the whole family. Otherwise we just kinda relaxed and had fun.

August: We had our annual family summer reunion. We celebrated my grandma's 92nd birthday. She is such an amazing woman! My mom's birthday was a week later.

September: My niece Juliette Elizabeth was born on September 9th. She is so precious! I turned 26 on the 26th. Makenzi started preschool on the 15th. She loves school. She goes 4 days a week. Her teachers are wonderful. Mrs. R went on to be with another class now but she now has Mrs. T and Ms. Stephanie! They are wonderful and I can't thank them enough for being so wonderful with Makenzi (aka my anxiety princess). She doesn't due change well at all and they are so understanding of all her emotions and fears.

October: Scott and I went to Mackinac Island with our friends Lonnie and Rachel for a couple days. We had a fantastic time. I was very nervous leaving my baby behind but she did great and never thought twice. Braxton had a much harder time but he survived. This was our first Halloween where Scott was able to go trick or treating with us. It was so nice to have some help. Kenzi was a cow, Braxton was a frog, and little Arianna was a lion.

November: Not much happened in November. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with our family. Scott had a long weekend off around the holiday.

December: Well its not over with yet but I can tell you how it is going to go already. Today is my nephew Leo's 3rd birthday. The 13th we have a family reunion Christmas party to attend, the 14th we have a double birthday party, the 16th is my niece Hope's 8th birthday, the Makenzi Anne's 5th birthday!! I am not sure where the last 5 years have gone but I am enjoying every minute of it. The 20th we have a Christmas party to go to. I think on the 19th we will be celebrating Kenzi's birthday with just the 5 of us. We are going to a friend's house on the 22nd for a playdate. Then before you know Christmas will be here. Then right after Christmas we have Scottt's 27th birthday on the 31st. We will most likely go to my parent's house for New Years Eve to play cards and such.

Welcome to the new Year!!

We have had a great year and look forward to many more!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Wow! What a year! Hope 2009 is just as superfine!