This past week has been rough. We noticed on Saturday that Braxton was really out of sorts. His hands were freezing at all times and he was just grumpy. Sunday B had a low grade fever or 100.2. He had a cold the week before so we figured it had settled into his chest. On Monday, I called and got the kids an appt after I was done with school. I called my mom who had them to let her know so they would still be awake and ready to go. She informed me that Braxton and Arianna had fevers of 100.4 and 100.6. We headed to the doctor and waited forever. Arianna was diagnoised with a very nasty ear infection and bronchitis. We got a referral out to the ENT. We head to the ENT on this Wednesday. Then onto mister Braxton. His lungs were clear and so were his ears. His diagnoises was a cold. He has also been doing something weird with his eyes so I had the doctor check his eyes. He will focus on something and then blink and hold his eyes shut for a couple seconds and then refocus. We are being referred out to a pediatric eye doctor to get his eyes checked and have his droopy eye lid looked at. We go there on the 8th of February. We left with the understanding that if B still had a fever on Wednesday we were to bring him back since it would be day 5 of a low grade fever.
Tuesday came and went with a low grade fever and B never moved off the couch from 330 until he asked to go to bed at 630. His appetite was gone, he was drinking just enough to go to the bathroom 2 times a day. Wednesday came and he woke up fever free so I was hopefully. At noon his fever was up to 100.8 so I called and schedule him an appt for that afternoon. The doctor informed me that nothing was wrong with him. I raised hell and told them that I refused to leave the office without further testing. They ordered blood work and chest xray. They wanted blood work ran first but I refused to put him through that when the chest xray could show something and be less invasive. (I should add 2 of his cousins had bronchitis 2 weeks prior, his other cousin had pneumonia the week prior and his little sister had bronchitis 2 days earlier). We proceeded with the chest xray and it should that my little guy had pneumonia. It was a crazy week but the kids are feeling better.
Ahna was doing better for the first 4-5 days of her antibiotic but she is now waking again during the night and just hateful all around. This was the same thing that happened when she was on the last antibiotic 2 weeks ago for an ear infection...the first 4 days went great but then she was miserable again. Darn ear infections are miserable and just won't leave.
No comments:
Post a Comment