has been pretty good to us so far. On January 2nd we had all the children baptized at St. Michaels (see the post about that down a little farther if you haven't already). That night Makenzi's hands and feet started peeling in sheets. We couldn't really figure it out but figured it was part of the virus she had before Christmas.
I enjoyed the last of my break from school. The children returned to school and were pretty happy about it...well except Braxton. Braxton had a rough first day back. He actually had to come home early. I got a call after being home an hour. The teacher informed me that B was sick and needed to be picked up. I took off and got there to find B sitting in a chair next to a garbage can...until he seen me. He lit right up and was so excited to be going home. We were barely out of the school when B informed me he had to go potty and couldn't use the school potty...and that he was hungry and wanted lunch. I brought him home, let him use the bathroom and fed him. He was fine but I sure was glad to have the teachers call me. They were so apologetic but I just laughed and said it was no big deal. Little stinker is a game player. Needless to say he hasn't tried it since.
A week ago little Miss Ahna wasn't sleeping well at night and I just relayed it us having 2 weeks off routine and daddy being home more. I took her to my mom's house on Monday...after being up all night with her. I had to go to class. When I got home I was telling my mom that I was exhausted because of Ahna not sleeping and my mom told me to look at Ahna's ear. Yep my baby girl ruptured her ear drum due to an infection. I took her into the doctor and got her an antibiotic. I mentioned Makenzi's peeling issue from 2 weeks prior and they decided to treat her for Strep based only on symptoms since her strep tests were negative. They told me she wasn't contagious anymore but could be harboring the bacteria which could cause issues to her organs later. Well we are 1 week into both girls antibiotics. Miss Ahna still isn't improving...she keeps grabbing at her ear and WILL NOT sleep through the night. It is very frustrating. Now the boy and the baby have nasty coughs only at night so that helps keep us all awake. It has been a rough month on sleep. I have a feeling a return to the pediatrician's office is neccessary. I also plan to get a referral out to an ENT...time to discuss ear tubes. Way to many ear infections in her short little life for my liking.
I am taking a Math class this semester. I dread math, since it is not my strong suit. We are two weeks in and so far so good. I hope it continues to go this well. The class is Allied Health Math. Lots of medicine dosages and such.
We have a special get away planned for this coming weekend. We are taking the older two with us but little Miss Ahna is being left behind. She just won't enjoy the trip like the rest of us. I will post more details when we get back. Plus I will post lots of pictures. I am so excited about this. Our little family has never been on a vacation/getaway without extra family members going. We love to go with family and friends but this will be a nice treat. Scott got me the best Christmas present.
No comments:
Post a Comment