Yesterday was quite the day. B came down at about 5 am and crawled into my bed...nothing completely unusual. We ended up getting up at about 730. He proceeded to crawl up into my lap and fall back asleep. Anybody who knows Braxton knows that 630 he is up and running around like a crazy kid. I knew then something was off. I also knew he was burning up. I found the thermometer and took his temp...103.5. He is the child that as soon as there is a fever present I know he is really sick. He has had a cold for the last week but nothing unusual...actually it was pretty mild. I got him an appointment at 955 but of course you can't call until 830. It was a mad rush to get 4 of us ready and out the door. My mom watched the girls for me so I didn't need to take them. We got to the doctors and got right back which is rare. They did the normal check up and everything was going good until they listened to his lungs. The doctor informed me that his lungs were filled with mucous/fluid. They did a breathing treatment immediately and said if that helped we would do them and an antibiotic because he had bronchitis and pneumonia. If the breathing treatment didn't help we would look at other options (which I know meant the hospital). Thankfully the breathing treatment helped some so they felt ok about sending us home on them. We got all the scripts wrote and out the door at 1030. We headed to the medical supply store..arrived at 1040. Braxton was wired from his breathing treatment so he was entertaining all the others in the building. He sure didn't act sick. We didn't leave there until 1145. It was a long wait. We headed straight to the pharmacy and Braxton was coming off his medicine and the fever was returning. Braxton slumped into a chair and was fall asleep. Thankfully the pharmacy is a local one and pushed his meds to the front. He was now passed out in my arms. We got him home and gave him his motrin, tylenol, amoxicillian, and prepped him for a breathing treatment which he needed in an hour. By the time the breathing treatment came B was feeling good again. Well he then was wired again after the treatment...crazy meds. So hopefully the meds do their job and he is back to normal soon.
Onto New Years Eve! We had friends over once we knew Braxton wasn't contagious. We watched movies, ate nachos, salami, cheese, crackers, veggie tray, cake (Scott's Birthday), cookies and tons of other foods. It was a great time. The kids went to bed at normal time and we just relaxed and enjoyed hanging out.
Happy New Year everybody! I wish you guys an awesome year that is filled with great health, happiness, love and success.
No comments:
Post a Comment