Yesterday was an interesting day. Braxton woke up at 6 and came to my bed where I made him lay because I was not ready to get up. He didn't wake up again until 8. He ate breakfast and cuddled up next to me because he was "cold". I didn't think anything of it until a little later when he puked all over himself, my sweatshirt and the chair. My kids always manage to get the flu when Scott is on the road it never fails. Thankful it was over with fast. Now we are on to hoping nobody else gets it. I hate the flu.
Things are going crazy with Makenzi. We are not sure what we are going to do. Makenzi has anxiety issues. It wasn't bad but man something is making it flare up. The last week she refuses to go to bed at night. The kids have always gone to bed at 7:30. I was thinking maybe it is to early for her and would let her stay up until 830-900. Well it only made things worse. I have tried spending time alone with her during the day..nothing helps. She screams, slams doors, wakes her brother and sister up, tells us certain people are telling her that mom and dad don't love her yet she won't give us details. She will say grandma or aunt or uncle etc but won't tell us what one so we know it is all tricks and games. Other nights she complains that her eyes, her neck, her head, her ears, her mouth, her chest, her stomach, her arms, her legs, her toes etc hurt. It changes every 5 minutes. I understand growing pains but this is beyond that. I am about ready to scream. We have tried letting her sleep with the light on because she says she is afraid..well maybe she is yet lastnight she came down during the night and slept in the dark living room just fine after 3 hours of screaming, crying, slamming doors. I am at a loss with her. The doctor had told us if her anxiety got to the point where it was interfering with things to bring her in again but I don't know..maybe it is just a phase. I don't know...I am just ready for bedtime to be easy again.
Arianna is doing great. She is sleeping like a pro now which is wonderful..especially since we are having above issues with Kenzi. Arianna is learning to do the army crawl. She loves to have brother and sister play with her. They walk in the room and she lights right up. She really likes when they leave stuff she shouldn't have in arms reach...she can really move then.
Trucking is going well for Scott. No decision has been made on the local run. It won't be decided until after surge which is end of February. He is done training his brother Joe now. Joe is actually at the terminal this week. Hopefully he will get a good run. It doesn't look like he will get on Staples but we are hopeful and still praying for it. I hope something good comes along for him.
I just set up an appointment with Michigan Works for the No Worker Left Behind program. I am going to go back to school! I am interested in a couple different programs. I am debating between Radiolgist Tech and Ultrasound Tech. I really want to do the ultrasound tech but at one point you had to go Up North for weeks on end for clinicals...well that isn't possible with 3 young children at home and a husband that is on the road all week. We will see if things have changed. I am hopeful.
No comments:
Post a Comment