Tuesday, November 17, 2009

What a Month

Man November has been a rough month at our house! I am ready for summer already.

The beginning of November I got a speeding ticket :( . That was a bad day all around. Scott was involved in an accident that day as well...thanks to his student driver and the driver of the other vehicle. The other driver was found at the most fault so a ticket was avoided...thank you State Troopers. This was especially good since a month ago Scott received a speeding ticket in Lansing while driving the semi. Driver's legal fought that for him since his cruise was set and he was going down a hill when he was clocked. Scott won so he didn't get any points! I have decided that I need a Driver's Legal Plan so if I get pulled over they can fight it and win so I won't get points on my license.

Last Monday when Kenzi got off the bus I knew she wasn't feeling well. She had a fever and a cough that she had had for over 10 days already. We headed to Urgent Care in Frankenmuth. Her ears, lungs, and throat all looked good so they ruled it viral with 99% certainty it was H1N1. Thankfully she had a short week at school anyways so she only missed 2 days but with the 2 days in October she is up to 4 already. She got lots of rest and fluids and quickly recovered but never fully bounced back. She started complaining of an earache so Friday we took her into the pediatrician. Her right ear was severely infected so she was put on antibiotics. Thankfully she is back to school this week and I am praying she stays healthy.

Braxton got to bird "hunting" with my dad one day. They took my dads new dog Gator out in the woods to run off some energy. Braxton was so excited he got to go hunting for the day! Braxton is also loving this time of year because all the combines are running. Every day he wakes up he ask if it is still harvest time! He is definitely going to be a farmer when he gets older.

I am ready for the germs to cease and summer weather. It is going to be a long winter I am afraid but I have the house stocked with vinegar, motrin, tylenol, soup, crackers, tissues and a puke bucket. Praying we stay healthy for the rest of the winter!

No comments: