Have you ever had something happen that you weren't real sure how it unfolded that way?
This morning we were running late (nothing new lately) and Braxton was giving me a hard time. I pulled out of the garage and halfway down our driveway and he informed me he couldn't get buckled. I stopped the van, unlocked the doors and jumped out of the van. I left the driver door open and went around the front of the van. I reached the sliding door to get to Braxton and when I grabbed the handle the van started to roll backwards. I knew there were cars coming from both directions and I ran around the van and was able to jump in and slam on the brakes just as the van was at the end of the driveway. All I could think about was how Braxton was not buckled and it was going to be bad if the van was hit by a car or hit the ditch across the road. Thankfully I left the door open so I could just jump back in otherwise it would have been worse. Braxton was in a panic, screaming for me to stop the van and Little miss Ahna had no clue thank goodness. Needless to say I forgot to put the van in park...duh. I am still stunned that the van never moved until I got all the way around it. I am just thankful that it worked out well but man it made my heart stop.
1 comment:
Oh my goodness!!!How freaky is that! Thank goodness you were able to get around and stop the van. My oh my!! We all have those crazy moments you know but boy it shakes you up. Glad all ended well though.
Post a Comment