Saturday, October 3, 2009

Success!

Well after a year of trying to potty train the boy we have success! He has been pee trained for a few months but not until I fully took the pull ups away did it really happen. That was a huge step since he was still pooping his pants every day. I was at a loss with him. He could hold it for several days and the second we forgot to watch him he would sneak off and do it. I was at a breaking point thinking he would be graduating high school still pooping his pants.

Last Friday my mom had Braxton for the day and he pooped his pants at her house. The war was on because she had had it and we had discussed it and knew we didn't have any more options. I told her I was willing to try anything. She gave him one swat on the butt, made him clean out his own pants and his butt, plus he got a time out and he had to come home. I wasn't so sure it would work but I knew I had to give it a shot.

On Monday the next time he had to poop he went in and sat on the potty willingly when we put him on it. He ended up going within just a few minutes. I have never seen so much excitement over somebody going potty before. He has gone on the potty every time since. It was so awesome. Within just a couple days of this he was telling us when he has to go. We still need to watch his signs but overall I can finally say that my son is potty trained! Such an amazing achievement. Braxton is so proud of himself as well. Now I don't have to worry when he is at school, church or a friends house. Such a relief.

No comments: