Monday, May 11, 2009

Bracky Boy

Please keep Bracky in your thoughts and prayers. The poor little guy has so much going on right now. We just need to get him healthy and keep him that way. We have been suspecting an ear infection for several days now and started the ear drops per the ENT on Thursday. Things were staying the same until today when they went painfully bad. At 230 or so Braxton started screaming that his right ear hurt. I dosed with Motrin at 3pm with no relief. At 4 (after picking Kenzi up from school and seeing if the Motrin worked) I called the ENT's office. They told me they couldn't get him in until Wednesday at 130. I was not happy. I called back and raised a fuss because it was ridiculous. They then changed it to Tuesday at 1030. I was okay with that until Braxton refused to eat or drink and get off the couch. I loaded the kids up and dropped the girls off at my parents house and headed to Urgent Care with Braxton. They told me that both tubes were out of his ears and that he had fluid in them. They didn't want to give him an antibiotic because he was been on so many and since it is just fluid and a little pink to wait it out but if he got worse to bring him back on Tuesday. Yeah right I will go the ENT who knows Braxton's history. Oh and they told me to drug him with Benadryl.

He will most likely need surgery again for another set of tubes. He had the one tube less than a month ago and we already have fluid building.

Not much longer until we make our trip to Ann Arbor. I am ready to get some answers. Hopefully once we get him on a gluten free diet his health will improve drastically. I can't handle having him so sick. To listen to him today was heart breaking. Frankenmuth was never so far away as it was today...pray for my boy's health...he needs it.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Poor Braxton, he just can't catch a break.

I like the new look of your blog.

Renee said...

Thanks Dawn!

I think once we get him off the gluten his health will really improve. At least I am hopeful.