Saturday, April 11, 2009

What a weekend

Today we took the kids to an Easter egg hunt. It was lots of fun for them. Braxton knew exactly what to do and was running around trying to get all the eggs he could. Makenzi had a ball. Each child gets a prize the egg hunt. Braxton got a squirt gun and Kenzi got 2 kites. They even gave little Arianna a prize...she got a sand bucket with shovel. Then the Easter Bunny arrived on the Firetruck. Braxton thought the firetruck was great but wouldn't go near the Easter Bunny.

Our funny of the trip. Braxton got his squirt gun and likes to pretend to hunt. We have told him he can only shoot deer, bear, turkeys, bunnies, squirrel. I reminded him today when he got the squirt gun not to point it at people and pretend to shoot them. Well he went up to the Easter Bunny and pretended to shoot the Bunny. I about died. We corrected him and he looked at us and said "it is a bunny and we can eat a bunny". Everybody thought it was great...I was a little embarrassed.

On the home front. Our side yard was ripped up today. Our washing machine wasn't draining right so we had to rip the tile up and lay a new one. My dad came up with the backhoe and helped thank goodness or we would still be digging next year. I had to go to the store and buy tile and supplies. That was a joke. Some of those workers don't know anything. Finally I found a worker who knew a thing or two. It only took me and hour to buy two things that should of taken 15 minutes.

Tomorrow is Easter and I am very excited to get the 3 kids dressed up and looking nice for the day. The kids are excited about the bunny coming and finding their baskets in the morning. Then we are heading to church and then to my parent's house. My mom is making a big brunch for us. The kids will get baskets there and also do a big egg hunt outside. We will end up spending the day there. It should be a fun relaxing day!

I hope everybody has a WONDERFUL Easter!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Okay I'm cracking up over here about Braxton trying to shoot the Easter Bunny! Definitely one for the memory book.

Have a Happy Easter you all. Sounds like you have a wonderful day planned and the weather is going to be gorgeous.