I am going to start blogging some about our process through the Celiac Disease. I have been researching like crazy so I can go in educated and ask lots of questions and hopefully get lots of answers.
Braxton's GI specialist is Dr. Sujal Rangwalla at C.S. Mott Children's Hospital. I have done as much research as I can on him and haven't come up with much. It looks like he graduated from Med School in 2003, is doing a Fellowship in Ann Arbor.
Through my research I have found some interesting stuff. Stuff that I never really thought of. Celiac's and Hyperemesis Gravidum can be linked. I had Hyperemesis Gravidum with all three of my pregnancies...it was worst with the girls than the boy but still present. Celiac's will also cause small babies. All three of our children were small yet average. I also went through IUGR with the children. Why this happens is because a mother with Celiac's disease has malabsorbtion and the fetus does not get the proper nutrients to grow. Go figure. Right now I am not diagnosised but I will be tested for sure now. Also when I was younger 8-18 I used to get really sick. I would start vomiting and end up in the hospital. I had lots and lots of test done with never an answer. Looks like we may have an answer before too long.
I just went through Braxton's medical history and wrote it all up so I can take it with me. I am pondering whether or not to get all of his medical records from the pediatrician...do they already send them or not? If not should I get them and take them with me? I wouldn't mind getting them released so I can read them and go through them all myself before I go? I never thought my 3 year old son would have 3 pages of medical history.
I will still be posting lots of other stuff. The kids are so excited that Arianna is going to be 1 next month... as for me I am not as excited. Why do they grow so fast. I haven't decided yet if we will do a party for her by herself or if we will do a big party with all the kids like we had planned. I am kind of leaning toward a special 1st birthday party. Need to talk to Scott about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment