I never paid much attention growing up that there are such huge differences in children. Well now that I have three I am shocked by it all. Makenzi and Braxton were night and day but everybody said it was because it was girl and boy. Well now that we have 2 girls and a boy it isn't the only reason they are different. Even with Arianna being so young I can tell she is totally different then the other two with some similarities. All the children look a like. We have no problem with people commenting how they are definitely siblings. Then you get into their personalities.
Makenzi is quiet and laid back, she has anxiety issues. She loves to just sit and draw. She never has to be placed in time out or really disciplined. We only have to talk to her to get a response. Makenzi is a great sleeper...by 9 weeks she was sleeping through the night, 2 long naps a day and has never turned back...unless a bad dream arises.
Braxton is loud and busy, he has no cares in the world. He loves to play tractors, trucks and never sits still. Braxton is rough and finds himself in timeout or being disciplined in one way shape or form a lot. He is hard to discipline. Braxton was always a good sleeper. By 13 weeks he was sleeping through the night, took long naps during the day, and still takes a 1 1/2 nap a day.
Arianna is such a quiet cryer and such a smiley baby. She reminds us of Makenzi's personality but she loves the attention and playing with stuff all the time. In that respect she is Braxton. Now Arianna doesn't get disciplined yet because she is too little to get into trouble but I can already see she will be stubborn. Arianna is stubborn at nap and bedtime. She takes 1 nap a day if I am lucky no matter what I try. She is 6 months old and has NEVER slept through the night. She is up at least 2 times but more like 4 times a night.
I love the differences in my children but I really wish they would come with manuals so I knew what each one would respond too. What I really would like is a manual on how to get my youngest to sleep during the night. Oh well I guess she is only a baby once and will eventually sleep all night...she may be two before it happens but I will deal with it.
I remember when I was pregnant with Makenzi (it was such a rough pregnancy...lots of sickness and issues) that it would be a miracle if we had a happy baby. We all thought for sure she would be colicky if she was healthy. We were expecting a very sick unhappy baby. She was the happiest baby of the three we have and the healthiest...she still is very healthy. Then I got pregnant with Braxton and had a much easier pregnancy. I remember thinking I hope this baby is just as easy and healthy as Makenzi. We prayed for a healthy baby but if we had a boy that he would have red hair. Well I got my red haired little boy and he was healthy at birth but is sick so much now. Braxton had 7 ear infections in 4 months. It was rough. He is also lactose intolerant and still gets ear infections with the tubes. He is also a walking sinus infection and known to get bronchitis alot. Then we got pregnant with Arianna and I remember praying for an easy pregnancy and a child that would balance the first two out. Well I didn't get the easy pregnancy but I may just have gotten the balancer of the kids. We will have to wait a while longer to see.
Alright enough about the kids and their differences! I am sure all of us moms can point out the differences in our kids personalities because we know our kids so well. To all you other moms hang onto those differences and enjoy watching each child develop and grow.
1 comment:
Welcome to the blogging world Renee, I enjoyed reading about the kids and how different they all are.
Post a Comment