I am not sure where the time has gone but it is gone and I have a first grader on my hands. Makenzi's first day of school is today and she was VERY excited. Last night Makenzi took her shower and was running off to bed at 7p.m. She had her clothes all picked out for the first day of school, her back pack ready to go, she knew right where her shoes were and what she wanted for breakfast.
Well I wasn't quite as ready as she was. See, her sister had me up at 2a.m. because she needed a drink. Well then she laid in her bed for almost 1.5 hours talking. Braxton woke up during that time and had me up for 2 hours. I finally went back to sleep around 4:30a.m. and the loud annoying beeping (aka alarm clock) sounded at 6a.m. sharp. I slowly rolled out of bed and got dressed for the day.
At 6:30a.m. I quietly walked up the stairs for fear of waking Braxton up. I turned Makenzi's bedroom light on and she JUMPED out of bed so fast. I quickly told her to go down stairs very quietly. Makenzi had her breakfast served, clothes on, hair brushed all by 6:37a.m. So she had about 20 minutes to just kind of ease into the day. At 7:05 her and I wandered outside to wait for the bus. It came within just a couple minutes of being out there. I watched as she climbed on the bus, found a sit and away she went. The whole time she had a smile from ear to ear on her face and not a moment of hesitation.
I can't wait to hear all about her day. Her teacher, her classmates, her schedule, etc. I am sure she is loving her day, I just hope she loves all the homework that comes with first grade.


No comments:
Post a Comment