Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Tallon Update

Well life is busy but going great. Here is our family update.

Arianna: is potty trained. We started at 22 months, my earliest one yet. It has been great. She still will have a bad day here and there but a lot of that is that is tired, I get lax in remembering that she is potty trained, or I am not watching her close to see her run to the bathroom. Arianna has also become a bitter lately. She has even drawn blood on her brother a couple of times. Now all she has to do is show her teeth and the older two scream and run. Ahna can say lots of words but she just doesn't use them much. We have to force her to talk in order to get what she wants. She is stubborn.

Braxton: is doing very well. He is almost 2 weeks post accident. He still asks to wear the sling which I am shocked about since the surgeon told us we would be lucky to get him to wear it one full week since that bone heals so fast. I think that Braxton is afraid to use that arm for fear of it hurting, or for fear of losing sympathy from everybody. we have caught him carrying a bucket full of water using both hands, he can now use the bathroom without assistance (that one made him angry but he couldn't hold on while sitting on the potty), he can buckle into the van by himself again (which really bugged me since he has been able to do it for a year now). I am glad that he is still wearing the sling because it just helps stabilize it and help it heal better. Braxton is loving preschool this year. I am debating on where to send him next year. I would like to get him into a 4 day program but I have to figure out transportation 2 of those days since I won't be here to do it.

Makenzi: is glad that Spring Break is over and back to school. Over Spring break her anxiety was at a major high. She had horrible trouble going to bed (some nights it would take up to 5 hours). She would scream, kick the walls, come down stairs. It was awful. As soon as school was back in session she was fine. What will summer break be like? I am scared actually. Makenzi is going to be starting T-ball here soon and she is very excited. I will be spending my nights at the ball fields. Hopefully we will have great weather and be able to enjoy it this year.

Me: I am busy with the kids and school. I got into my Anatomy and Physiology class that I need to validate into my PTA program come fall. I was excited about that. My math class is almost over with this semester. I am happy about that but thankfully it wasn't horrible. I am seriously considering double majoring because I am going to have a long waitlist and need to do something. I also plan to take a Health Unit Coordinator class so I can always do that while I wait too and if I wanted I could do that on an occasional or part time base if I want to. Scott is keeping busy at work as well.

No comments: