Wednesday, September 2, 2009

House, School etc.

Our house is coming along nicely. I will add some pictures to the post. The south side of the garage is done, the back side of the garage is done, and the bottom half of the back of the house up to the deck is done. All the new windows are in except for 3. Our living room ones (which we had to reorder) and the one above the living room at the top of the stairs. On the rest of the back and north side it is tyvek, taping the windows, siding, soffit and fascia. Soffit and fascia are so time consuming. I am really happy with the color we chose although I will admit at first when just a little was put up I was second guessing our decision. The more that goes up the more I like it. I also did that when the first new light went up as well...I wasn't so sure about it but the more I look at it the better I like it. On to pictures now.

Day 5 progress Back of garage
day 5 progress
Back of kitchen area, new windows
back of house, kitchen area, new windows
entrance into garage in back
back entrance into garage
Back of house, new windows in bedrooms
back of house, new windows, bedrooms
Day 6 progress Back of garage done
day 6, back of garage...done
Door into garage
entrance into garage...eventually it will be white.
New light above garage entrance
new light above garage entrance
Kitchen area back of house
back of house kitchen area.




Schooling is going to kick my butt until I get into a routine. I am taking 9 credits, 6 credits (2 classes) online and 3 credits (1 class) face to face yet a lot of it is online. I went today for my first face to face class. My teacher is really nice and keeps us interacting. We already had to get up and speak in front of the class though...not my favorite thing to do. Homework will be hard to get used to again. Braxton wasn't so sure he wanted to be left this morning...he hasn't had to be left for a whole day since Ahna was born. He did pretty good though. Ahna never realized what was happening because she has never been left really. When I got home Ahna squealed so loud when she seen me...she was all smiles, full of hugs and kisses and wouldn't let me out of sight...we will see how next week goes.

Makenzi is very excited to start school on Tuesday. She isn't as confident about riding the bus but I am sure she will adjust fine. Her older cousins and her little friend are all riding the same bus. Change is never easy with her. I need to remember to get all of her stuff together this weekend so the first week goes smooth.

Braxton starts preschool the following week. He is going 2 days a week for a few hours a day. He is also going with his two little cousins (we call the three of them triplets). I am sure he will do fine. Hopefully he handles being dropped off well along with the other 2.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Wow the house looks great! It looks so nice and new.

Good luck with the schooling! All of you!