We spent a week in Florida. We went to Disney World 4 days and we did Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party.
Just a few days before we left, sickness hit our house. Braxton (it is always Braxton) came home from school on Tuesday and complained of a belly ache. He went into my bedroom and feel asleep at 330 and didn't wake up until 630 the next morning. He was still complaining that his belly hurt so I kept him home and decided to take him to the doctor. The doctor did a Strep test and that came back negative, but they sent it out for a culture. Wednesday night at 11pm Arianna came down stairs vomiting. At that point I figured the kids had the stomach flu. The next morning Braxton's culture was back and it was negative. Confirmed that it was the stomach flu. I just kept praying that Makenzi, Scott and I stayed healthy.
Saturday when we all woke up and were healthy I was so happy. I had decided that no matter what we were boarding that plane and would deal with it as we went. I figured benadryl would knock them out to get to Florida.
My mom took us to the airport so we wouldn't have our van sitting there for a week. We arrived and the kids said goodbye and in we went. We went to check in and were told that they didn't have 5 seats together. All they had open were 3 seats in the front row for the kids and 2 seats in the emergency row for Scott and I. The guy was great and checked our bag for free and told us he would work on getting us seats together. He didn't want the kids to have to sit alone on their first flight for sure. We went through security and got to our gate. The kids were watching all of the planes, but we were able to get some of their homework accomplished. We found out right before boarding that we were able to get seats together. We boarded the plane and had a smooth flight. The kids did great, Arianna took a short nap, Braxton sat with Scott and they had a a lot of fun together and Makenzi drew pictures, ate enough pretzels and drank enough pop to carry her through the day. The kids loved our rental car, but I think Scott was more excited about it than anybody else.
We arrived at our rental house around 4pm and the kids ran straight to the pool. They couldn't wait to start swimming. They swam while I went grocery shopping. I hate shopping at a store that I am not familiar with. It takes so much longer than it should. We spent the night eating and relaxing.
Sunday came around and we were headed to Disney World. We decided we would go to Hollywood Studios. The kids were anxious to see what Disney World was all about but it faded fast. They really disliked Hollywood Studios. Braxton wasn't right from the moment we woke up but he said he felt fine, he ate breakfast and seemed ok. When we arrived at Hollywood Studios he didn't want to ride on any rides, he didn't want to meet any characters, he refused to eat lunch, and he just was wearing down extremely fast. Makenzi and Scott wanted to ride a rollercoaster so they took off over there and I decided to leave the park with Braxton and Arianna. As we exited the tram to head to the van Braxton just couldn't go anymore. When we finally got to the van I cranked on the ac and Braxton said he was feeling better. Scott and Makenzi arrived not long after and decided we would go for a car ride and see what was around. Well poor Braxton ended up getting sick in the car (thank goodness for Disney plastic bags) so we headed home. Braxton felt better immediately, so I questioned if he didn't have strep. I looked in his throat and the white puss sacks were all over, so I called the on call pediatrician, who told me to take him to Urgent care for a Mono test and strep test. So here we sit in Florida and now we have to find an urgent care on a Sunday night. Thankfully I found a list in the house and Scott took him to Dr. D. Dr. D checked Braxton out and informed Scott that the kid has strep and ordered an antibiotic...which was another obstacle because pharmacies all closed at 5/6pm and it was 730 now. Dr. D finally found a CVS not to far away that was open until 9. Antibiotics were started that night and by Monday night he was feeling better.
Monday came and we decided to not go to Disney again like we had planned because we wanted Braxton to rest. We hung out at the house and the kids swam on and off through out the day. Monday morning Arianna started complaining of a sore throat. I checked out her throat and sure enough covered in puss sacks. I decided to call her pediatrician and they called in a script for her. We started the antibiotic.
Tuesday came and we were out of days to push our Disney days back any so we headed off to Magic Kingdom. We figured Arianna could rest in the stroller. Poor Arianna was miserable for the first part of the day though...her belly hurt yet she was eating and drinking fine. Finally we seen her perk up and she was good to go. She was riding rides, chasing characters, and smiling from ear to ear. Magic Kingdom was so much fun for the kids. Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Railroad, Dumbo, Barnstormer, meeting Mickey (according to the kids the real one because he was wearing the right outfit), the Princesses, and Pluto.
Wednesday we headed to Animal Kingdom. We got to go on the Safari ride, rode the train to Rafiki's place, Camp Minnie & Mickey, Tree of Life, Kali River Rapids, Mt. Everest, and seeing the apes (the kids favorite part...I was beginning to think a Zoo would have been cheaper and made them just as happy).
Thursday morning we went back to Magic Kingdom for about 3.5 hours. We got to do some of the things we had missed the last time. We went to Adventure land. We rode Aladdin's Magic carpet, we seen Aladdin and Jasmine, Riverboat ride, and walked through the treehouse. I went and made reservations at the Pirate League for the kids for that afternoon when we would be back for the Halloween Party.
Thursday afternoon we got back and made it to our reservation. Braxton picked to be Jake, Makenzi a mermaid and Arianna an Empress. The Halloween party was a lot of fun but the crowd was unbearable...yet the funny part was you could walk onto any ride you wanted with no wait. I didn't find the trick or treating that special. We enjoyed the parade and fireworks show. It was great to meet the princesses and their princes. Seeing the villians was pretty cool too.
Friday we headed to Cocoa Beach. The kids have never seen the ocean before and they couldn't believe how big it was. Braxton was concerned about going into the water where the sharks are, but he went in and had a blast swimming through the big waves. Makenzi swam and swam. She loved the ocean. Arianna wasn't as big of a fan because she couldn't really swim through the waves. They all had one complaint though...salt water tastes bad. They looked for shells, and made sand castles. We got back home around 330 and they swam until about 9pm. We packed up the house and were ready to come home Saturday morning.
Our flight home was great too but we were all glad to land and be back home. The kids could not wait to get home to see Sam and Jack (our dogs).
No comments:
Post a Comment