We are surviving around here. I am in my 3rd week of college classes and praying that I don't have to miss any class time this week. See Makenzi and Braxton have been in school 4 days and have managed to bring the stomach bug home. So far only Makenzi has been affected but I am just waiting for the next one to get hit by it. Arianna and Braxton seem to be sneezing a lot so hopefully they aren't getting run down already.
Today Makenzi had to stay home from school...which was not very upsetting to her. She loves school but she doesn't seem to be enjoying it so much this year. I am not sure what has happened. Last Thursday (aka 3rd day of school) we got a call saying Kenzi wasn't feeling well. My mom went to get her (I was in college). My mom said Kenzi skipped and hopped out of the building and she was drinking and eating upon arrival at home. She was standing on her head, riding bike etc. My mom couldn't figure it out because Kenzi hates to miss school. When I got home and learned what happened I called the school. "Supposedly" she had a fever...that most of only lasted 10 minutes because when she got home she didn't have one and a belly ache...which obviously left as soon as she left the school building. We talked about sending her to school on Friday and the school said yes she could return...well Kenzi couldn't believe I was sending her to school. Do I think she has the stomach bug right now...yes, but I do question what really is happening with Kenzi.
Braxton had a real eye opener last week at school. He quickly learned school isn't much fun. He would rather be home. When he comes home he is so hyper. He runs through the house screaming, doing somersaults, and just being crazy. He has to sit still for too long at school. He longs for the weekend but he doesn't put up too much of a fight thankfully. As long as I have bagels for breakfast he is happy! Silly kid.
1 comment:
Sorry you're already dealing with the sickies. That is never fun but school is a germ tank and it's inevitable.
I hope Makenzi will perk up about school. It is probably just an adjustment phase; give it another week or two.
Post a Comment