I received a miracle yesterday that I will never forget or take for granted.
Arianna fell out of the second story bedroom onto the ground beneath. She missed the deck and the row of rocks. She crushed part of my peony plant but we know that is what helped break her fall..although I am certain she had guardian angels holding her back to slow her fall and break her fall as well. We rushed her by ambulance to the hospital, where she was awake and crying the whole time and moving all 4 limbs.
A quick scan was done along with a head to toe cat scan. Not a single bruise, cut, scrape, or major injury showed up. She had no injuries at all. She was admitted to be watched though but she is perfectly fine and should come home within 48 hours after the accident.
Here are the photos of the recreated accident scene.




PLEASE CHECK YOUR SCREENS, CHECK FOR WINDOW SAFETY FEATURES, TEACH YOUR KIDS TO LEAVE THE WINDOWS AND SCREENS ALONE. LEARN FROM OUR MISTAKES. THE THOUGHT OF WHAT COULD OF HAPPENED IS SO SCARY AND NERVE WRACKING, I NEVER WANT ANYBODY ELSE TO EXPERIENCE THIS FEAR, PANIC AND UNKNOWN.
2 comments:
Oh Renee, we are SO glad Arianna is ok. I cannot believe she doesn't even have scratches or bruises! It was SO scary when we got the message from Sharon, I can't imagine what you and Scott were going through.
I'm sure you've done some research on screens, I mentioned Arianna's fall to a co-worker, she said her screens are screwed in. To the window frame maybe?
Joe told me he canceled our plans for Sat, hope Scott told you in time to help. Sorry about that, although I am sure you needed some time to rest! On the other hand, I can see you not minding company at all, even after this ordeal. :) We'll have to try another date!
Sorry if you have been trying to reach me on FB, I can only get on there if I take my laptop to Beaners...you can guess how often that happens. Otherwise I have internet at work, but FB is blocked. So I can get on here, and hotmail. :)
Hope you guys get some time of restful, normal days!!
Thanks Natalie. It was the scariest thing I have ever been through. I am very thankful that my mom was here with me at the time and was able to take care Arianna as I was on the phone with 911. She is a true miracle baby. She was the talk of the hospital.
We have rigged our windows up so they can not open far enough for a child to fall through but we can slide the board out far enough to open it if we ever needed out in the event of a fire. We have taught Kenzi how to do that since it is her bedroom and Braxton's but she was told she can't touch it unless it is an emergency. We also have to replace the screen that fell out and is bent up...
Scott did tell me that things changed. It was okay because we didn't actually get home until about 1:30 Saturday. The Molines came out that night after Rachel got out of work which was a nice break and nice to have people around. It kept my mind off things. We will definitely have to try another date!
Do you still have the same cell number? I tried texting you a couple times within the last week and never heard back? Just curious. No big deal.
Post a Comment