Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Frustrated

We aren't positive what is going on with Braxton now but we now it isn't normal...yet has Braxton ever been normal not really. He has always been our child that is sick. They even questioned issues when I was pregnant with him. The prescription that the Pediatric GI doctor gave us is in question now. We aren't sure what Braxton is reacting to but it is either the milk or the antibiotic. How do you know when you introduce 2 things at once? Well Braxton was sick 1 time Monday night but curled up in pain for an hour prior. I questioned the milk and the antibiotic. Well we cut down on the milk because I was leaning more that way. Yesterday he had an ounce of milk and 1/2 an ice cream sandwhich plus all of his medicine. Today he didn't have any milk and all of his medicine...tonight we had a Monday night repeat of all the pain but no vomiting this time. So now my guess is the antibiotic but how do I know for sure because milk will stay in your system for 2 weeks. I will be calling the doctor in Ann Arbor tomorrow I guess and see what they say. No diarrhea but not formed either. I hate watching my kids be sick but this is the hardest thing I think we have had to deal with so far. The flu, ear infections, ear tube surgery, hard pregnancies (although this may have been worse) etc. This is a challenge. He doesn't understand, he can't communicate like Makenzi can...he knows when something hurts and where that something is. The poor kiddo. Pray that he feels better soon and that we can figure out exactly what is causing this.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Hi Renee - Finally catching up on blogs now that school is over. I'm sorry you still haven't gotten any concrete answers with Braxton. The poor little guy. He's been through so much.

Renee said...

Thanks Dawn.